Jacksonville Estate Planning Attorney

No one wants to think about their own death or disability.  More than half of Americans have no Estate plan.  Every adult needs at least basic estate and disability planning for the care of your family and children, your own care and the management or distribution of your assets if you die or suffer a serious disability or incapacity.

Holbrook Law can help you create the appropriate plan for your financial and familial circumstances.  Every client is different and your plan must fit your individual situation to protect your loved ones, provide guidance to your family for your own care, and also create a plan to distribute and dispose of your assets and provide for your heirs.

The process is easier than you think, will provide security and peace of mind for you and your family.   Our firm’s Estate plans often include some or all of the following, tailored to your specific needs:

  • Wills    – dictates the manner in which your debts will be paid and your assets distributed after your death.
  • Trusts – Often used with or in lieu of a will to minimize the need for Probate, reduce tax consequences and decrease costs and stresses on loved ones.
  • Revocable Trust Agreements
  • Non-Revocable Trust Agreements
  • Durable Powers of Attorney – A document through which you designate a person to whom you give legal authority to make binding decisions about the handling of your personal and financial affairs in times of disability or incapacity.  Perhaps the most powerful and important document in Estate Plan.
  • Healthcare Surrogates Designation – A document through which you designate a person to whom you give legal authority to make decisions about your medical care if you are unable to do so.
  • Living Will     – Document through which you give directions to physicians and healthcare surrogates about your preferred treatment at the end of your life and any preferences for withholding medical care or treatments in the event of terminal illness.
  • Designation of Pre-Need Guardian – If a guardian is ever appointed to help you manage your affairs, this document permits you to designate who you would like to serve as your Guardian.  This is particularly important for unmarried individuals.
  • Designation of Healthcare Surrogate for Child(ren) – This document allows you to identify specific persons with whom you may leave your children and who have your authority to consent to medical treatment for your child in the event you cannot be reached.
  • Designation of Pre-Need Guardian for Child – This document identifies the person(s) who you prefer to care for your children in the event you are unable.
Request a Legal Consultation: (904) 900-5533


Call (904) 900-5533 today,
or send a message using this form.